How to make a Valentine's Day e-card on a Windows 7 PC
So, you’re looking forward to spending the Valentine’s Day with your beloved. But have you yet asked your lover about going on a date with you. If you have, that’s cool. And if you haven’t done that so far or you wish to propose someone, you can do that by sending a personalized e-card. It’s quite simple to make one and all that’s required on a Windows 7 PC is the Microsoft Publisher software.
Here are the steps that need to be performed to make an e-card in Microsoft Publisher 2007 on a Windows 7 computer:
Select a pre-designed Valentine’s Day card template
- First of all, open Publisher 2007 from ‘All Programs’ or by typing ‘Publisher’ in the search box of the main menu in Windows 7.
- Click 'Greeting Cards' in the ‘Publication Types’ list.
- Under 'Greeting Cards', select the Valentine's Day option.
- Check the pre-designed greeting card templates and select one of them according to your choice. On clicking the template, you’ll see an image preview on the right side of the screen.
Customize the card’s size and layout
- On the right side, you will see the ‘Customize’ and ‘Options’ features. Through ‘Customize’, you can change the color and font schemes.
- Through ‘Options’, you can choose the page size and the layout that you want for the greeting card.
- Click the ‘Create’ button at the bottom right corner.
Insert pictures, text or make changes to the design elements
- After clicking the ‘Create’ button, on the screen that comes up next, you can make changes to the design elements of the pre-defined template.
- You can edit the text that appears on the card, or add pictures or text boxes from the ‘Insert’ menu.
- After you have designed the card, select ‘Save As’ from the file menu and save it in an image format such as JPEG by selecting an option from the ‘Save As Type’ drop-down menu.
So, now your e-card is ready to woo your valentine.