With Windows 7 and Windows Phone 7, it’s a great time to be a family. On various family get-togethers and celebrations, you can shoot videos with your Windows Phone and upload them on your Windows 7 PC. You can customize your own family video by using Windows Live Movie Maker. Edit them, add music, set a theme, and share them with friends on social networks. If you don’t have Windows Live Movie Maker on your PC, you can download it from here. It’s simple and fun to edit videos. You can learn how to do it through the steps given below.
Add a video to Windows Live Movie Maker
- First of all, you need to add the videos for editing to Windows Live Movie Maker.
- In the ‘Add’ group on the ‘Home’ tab, select ‘Add videos and photos’.
- Hold down the’ Ctrl’ key and click the videos you want to use. Now click ‘Open’.
Trim your video
You can cut the starting or end of a video clip and use a specific portion of the video in your movie.
- Click the video you want to trim, and then drag the playback indicator on the storyboard to the point where you want the video to start or stop playing in your movie.
- Now select a new start point, under ‘Video Tools’, on the ‘Edit’ tab, in the ‘Editing’ group, click ‘Set start point’.
- For choosing a new end point, under ‘Video Tools’, on the ‘Edit’ tab, in the ‘Editing’ group, click ‘Set end point’.
Add music to your video
You have the option to add music that plays in the background of the video. The audio can also be edited according to your preference.
- On the ‘Home’ tab, in the ‘Add’ group, click ‘Add music’.
- Click the music file you want to use, and then click ‘Open’.
Change the video playback speed
You can modify the video playback speed and make the video play faster or slower.
- To do this, first click the video. Then under ‘Video Tools’, on the ‘Edit’ tab, in the ‘Adjust’ group, click the ‘Speed’ list.
- Then select a speed from the drop down list.
Share the video online
- On the ‘Home’ tab, in the ‘Sharing’ group, click the website on which you want to publish your movie.
- After your movie is published online, click ‘Watch online’ to watch your movie on the website. You can also send a link to your movie via email message or share it on Facebook or through SkyDrive.
Check out this video and enjoy making family movies:
[iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HyXePv1x5vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen]