Windows® 7 theme to get Windows® 8 Metro-style interface
The Metro interface that was introduced by Microsoft for Windows Phone has been quite a hit with people. Microsoft also plans to introduce Metro in Windows 8 which is scheduled to be launched later in 2012. Well, you need not wait for the launch of the Windows 8 operating system to get the Metro-like look on your PC. All you need to do is download and install Windows 8 themes or gadgets that transform your computer’s interface.
Metro theme for Windows 7
The steps to get the theme on your Windows 7 computer are as follows:
- First download the Zetro user interface zip file from deviantART.
- Extract the zip file on your computer.
- Now open the folder ‘Extras’, and run the Theme Patcher. You need to click the three "patch" buttons from the folder.
- After this, open the ‘Theme’ folder and copy the two files inside it to the path: ‘C:WindowsResourcesThemes’.
- Now open the 'Control Panel' and select the ‘Change the Theme’ option from the ‘Appearance and Personalization’ category. The Zetro theme will be listed under the installed themes.
You can also download and install the Rainmeter desktop customization tool and then get the Omnimo 4.1 theme for Rainmeter.
Metro user interface gadget for Windows 7
You can also get the weather and clock gadget – Metro Home – that shows the time, date, weather forecast, and a slideshow of pictures. The temperate can be viewed in both Fahrenheit and Celsius formats. The widget is displayed at the center of the desktop and with a simple drag-and-drop operation, the position can be changed. Through the right click menu, you can get options to change the settings. The Metro Home gadget can be downloaded from here.