Crisp and Clearer Images with Windows® 7 ClearType Text Tuner
It is difficult to stare at the computer screen for long hours, especially when you do a sedentary job at the office or at home. Though this strain has a bad affect on your sight, there is no need for you to worry… thanks to ClearType Text. Windows 7 has a built-in feature called ClearType Text Tuner that allows you to make the images on your screen sharp and crisp. ClearType Text Tuner only lets you improve the resolution of the text, which allows it to appear clear and crisp. It does not, however, adjust the lighting of your screen.
Follow the five simple steps in order to enable ClearType Text Tuner in Windows 7:
- Single click ‘Windows button’ and then click on ‘Run’ and type “cttune”
- After the application is launched, a prompt will be displayed to enable or disable the application. ClearType Text Tuner runs by default on Windows 7. If you feel that you do not like the text resolution then you can disable the application
- Once you enable the application, it will check your computer settings for adjusting the right screen resolution for the text
- A prompt will appear with different samples for you to choose the readability of a text. Choose the sample that best suits your readability
- Click ‘Next’ and ‘Apply’ settings.
These steps will allow you to adjust the readability of the text in your PC. If you would like to disable this feature, then you can uncheck the ‘Enable’ option in the application menu.