Facebook® App-The Perfect Companion for Windows® Phone 7
- Author: In-built with Windows Phone 7
- System Requirements: Windows Phone 7Â
- Price: Free
Picture credit attribution: Juan Camilo Bernal/Shutterstock.com
Facebook app was released last year, in 2010, for Windows Phone 7, but there are still some users who are not aware of the interface that Windows Phone 7 has to offer for Facebook.
If you are one of those users who have not used the Facebook app in Windows Phone 7, then you will be amazed by its navigation features. The Facebook app of Windows Phone 7 has a streamlined layout. The app uses the concept of tiles instead of icons! These tiles are large, block-shaped icons with your friends’ pictures in the background. The new innovative design based on the tile interface enables you to instantly tag or comment on your friend’s posts.
Some of the other features of Facebook app for Windows Phone 7 can be seen as follows:
- Menu: This is the first screen that is displayed in the app. In this menu, you have all the listings, which include your inbox, news feeds, profile, friend’s requests, etc. Once you slide the screen to the left you have your “Top News”. The other sections of the app include “Photos”, “Events”, and “Notifications”.
- Photos: This is the main multimedia feature of the Facebook app in Windows Phone 7 that lets you add photos to share with your friends. This feature is available in the third screen of the app.Â
- Status updates: It is easier to receive updates and comments from your friends as there is a dedicated menu for “Top News”. You just need to click on the messages and add your comments or reply.
It’s been a year since the Facebook app was released for Windows Phone 7. Ever since there has not be any change in the interface of the Facebook app. But in the near future, new updates in the app are expected to enhance the app further for Windows Phone 7. Â