Free system security assessment tool for Windows® 7
To assess your Windows 7-based computer system’s security status, there is a free program available by the name Security Analyzer. In some regards, this free application functions similarly to Microsoft Action Center control panel applet. The only difference is that unlike the built-in security tool of Microsoft, Security Analyzer gives extra information and options to know if the system is adequately protected or not.
Security Analyzer runs a quick scan of your Windows system once you boot it. A general assessment of the system’s security along with all other information gathered from the scan is displayed in the program interface for the user to take necessary action.
Security Analyzer is capable to analyze the following Windows Client settings and programs:
• Network Firewall: If a firewall is enabled on the system, the Security Analyzer looks at Windows Firewall to see if it is turned on and configured properly.
• Windows Update: It checks whether automatic Windows Updates are enabled on the system or not.
• Virus Protection: Checks whether antivirus software is installed on the system or not.
• Spyware: Checks if an antispyware program is installed and running on the system or not.
• User Account Control: Checks whether UAC is turned on or off.
• Network Access Protection: Checks if the feature is turned on or off.
• Wireless Network Security: Analyzes the encryption of the wireless connection.
Download and install Security Analyzer on your Windows 7-based computer system from here.