Having trouble deleting a folder in Windows® 7?
At times, you are not able to delete a particular file or folder in your Windows 7 PC, which you either may not want anymore or it may be a bug. Whatever may be the case, the point is you are unable to delete the folder.Â It might be very irritating at times. Well, in such a case you need some special software such as ‘LockHunter’ and ‘Unlocker Assistant’, etc to delete such folder/files. You can choose to download and install any such software conveniently. In this article, we will tell you the steps to delete locked folders from Windows 7 using the ‘Unlocker Assistant’. Before you start using the software, here is how you can install it.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Download and install Unlocker Assistant and save the file on any convenient location of your Windows 7 PC.
- Open the file by double clicking on it and if prompted with ‘User Account Control’, click ‘Yes’.
- Select ‘English’ as the Installer Language and click on ‘OK’ and then ‘Next’.
- Just follow the instructions on screen and install the software.
- After installation, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Now you can try to delete the files, which are not getting deleted in your Windows 7 PC using this software. Generally, when dealing with such a file, you get the message “The action can’t be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program”. To delete the file, follow the steps given below:
- Right click on the folder which is not getting deleted and select ‘Unlocker’ from the drop down menu. If prompted by ‘User Account Control’, just click on ‘Yes’.
- From the Unlocker window, select the process that is stopping the folder to get deleted. Select ‘Kill Process’ or click ‘Unlock All’.
- Now you can delete the folder in the usual manner. Just select the folder, right click on it, and select delete from options.