How to install Windows® 7 Themes
Marking your territory with Windows 7 themes
If you are a baseball fan or a Ferrari fan, then you might have posters of your passion all around the bedroom walls, or wear iconic T-shirts to express your nirvana for the passion that you have. Isn’t it true with you? So if you have a Windows 7 desktop or laptop computer, you would certainly want to mark your territory i.e. if you own a desktop or laptop. This should certainly keep your friends and families getting too associative with your desktop, as your themes certainly won’t match their interests.
Windows 7 themes are not just artistic techniques to make your boring desktop look more appealing. They are an expression of your interests, thoughts, and trends. Besides, there are thousands of different themes that you can install. If you have the habit of using your grey cells too much, then you can create your own themes.
Here is a brief gist of how you can install Windows 7 themes on your computer:-
- Download an application that enables you to patch all media files that are needed to create a theme, e.g. Universal theme patcher. Make sure you choose the correct theme patcher that suits your system requirements.
- Download the theme from a popular website, which has an extensive library of themes for you to choose from. The theme will consist of media files which you will have to patch to create the final theme. e.g. Deviant Art
- Download all the components of the theme on to your desktop.
- Open the theme patcher and select all the theme files.
- Click on the ‘Patch’ button to begin patching of files. Once the files are patched they will be installed in Windows 7
- Right click on your desktop and select ‘Personalization’.
- Select the patched theme in ‘Installed themes’ section and click ‘OK’.
- Wait for the screen to install the new theme. Once the new screen appears you will notice a complete change in your menu style and wallpaper.
Through this walkthrough, you will be able to install your favorite themes on your Windows 7 desktop. You can also create your own theme through the universal patcher.