How to make your own .exe in Windows® 7
Do you want to create a .exe file? If you have a Windows 7 PC, this article is for you. Windows 7 comes with a bunch of in-built software and apps, one of which is IExpress. It helps you create your own .exe files and that too very easily.
To create your own .exe file in Windows 7, you need to follow the simple steps given below which we have jotted down for you:
- Click on ‘Start’ and look for IExpress and click on it. The installation wizard will open up.
- The installation wizard is very easy and guides you to create an app. You can select the option to create a package from its very beginning, in case you wanted to create a self extraction directive drive.
- After that you will have three options, from which, you need to select 'Extract files and run an installation command’.
- Now name the package.
- In the next step, you can enter the text for notification. You will be prompted by this notification during the installation.
- Using IExpress in Windows 7, you can also create a License Agreement for your package.
- This will lead you to an option to add those files, which you want to convert into .exe files. Just browse to the file’s location and add them here.
- Give a name to the installation file.
- After this, you will have an option to add a message that will come once the installation of your app gets completed.
- You will get an option 'Restart if needed'. Select it if you want the system to get restarted after the installation of your app.
- Now you will be asked whether you want to save the package instruction file or not. This file will contain all the options which you have selected so far. You can save it if you want to create an app like that again, otherwise you can choose the 'Don’t save’ option.
- Now, you just need to click on the ‘Next’ button, and then again a ‘Next’ and you are done. This, way you can create your own .exe file on your Windows 7 PC.