Using New and Advanced Search Features in Windows® 7
Search for files and folders with great ease
Working with Microsoft is an easy job. Microsoft is continuously striving to provide users a better approach to navigate through files and folders on their computers. With new and advance search features, Windows 7 offers a smart way of controlling your desktop, managing windows and launching applications. Although, some advanced features are implemented in the Windows 7 edition, yet Microsoft chose to hide them on the result page.
Here are some ways to use the new Advanced Search Features in Windows 7:
Searching from the Start Menu:
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and click on ‘Search’. Now type a relevant keyword to find the information. The top three matches will be displayed, at first. To view the detailed search click on ‘See More Results’, just above the search box.
- ToÂ save your searches for future references, use the menu option.
Features for Administrators:
- See more results/ Search everywhere: This option searches for all the indexed content. By, default the link is pinned to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Search the Internet: To view this option, Administrators are required to pin it to the ‘Start’ menu as by default ‘Search the Internet’ option is not to pinned to the ‘Start’ menu. Using the Add Search Internet link to the Start menu Group Policy, administrators can pin it Start menu.
Search Builder (Advanced Search)
- The Windows Explorer search box includes a drop-down menu called the Search Builder. The Search Builder helps to filter the search results and make them specific.Microsoft has introduced these features in Windows 7 to make the search easier and find exactly what you want.