Organize Your Games Folder in Windows® 7
Know how to locate games in your Windows 7 PC
Storehouse of games, the Games folder offers you an easy way to locate games in your Windows 7 PC. Now you can easily update your games, get news feeds and statistics, keep a track of games that you have recently played, and download information about all the games. Any new game that you install in your Windows 7 PC will automatically move into the Games folder.
Follow some simple steps to easily locate the Games folder in your Windows 7 PC and set it according to your needs.
- To open the Games folder, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- In the search box, type ‘Games’
- Then from the list, click on ‘Games Explorer’
This is your Games folder. Here you will find the icons of all the games available on your computer. Start playing a game by double clicking on its icon.
You might be asked to use the recommended update and folder settings. Click on ‘Yes’, and Windows will automatically start notifying you about the available new games and software updates. Windows will also download all the rating information for the games.
By default, the games in the Windows 7 computer are turned off. To play these games you have to turn them on.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button
- Then click on the ‘Control Panel’.
- Now click on ‘Programs’ and under ‘Programs and features’ click ‘Turn Windows features on or off’.
- Provide the confirmation or the Administrator password
- Select the games check box and click ‘OK’.
At times, the older games may not appear in your Games folder and you have to manually install the game in the Games folder. For doing this, you have to drag the game’s executable file to the Games folder.
Thus, Games folder provides you a centralized location for storing all the games, making it easier to locate the games in your Windows 7 PC.