With the growth of Internet, threats associated with it have also increased exponentially. One such threat comes in the form of online banking fraud. This type of fraud involves stealing someone’s banking details and using them to rob him of his riches. No doubt, using the Internet is convenient; however, to prevent online fraud from happening, it is also critical to take extra precautions while banking online.
To curb the nuisances of insecure online banking, Windows Phone has launched a Windows on-screen keyboard to undertake secure transactions. You can use the Windows on-screen keyboard to enter your personal pin number and password on the banking website. Using the virtual Windows keyboard is a safer mode of entering crucial information. It protects you from the malware and keyloggers that might be residing on your computer.
These features are compatible with tablets, but you can also add these features to your Windows 7 desktop. To do so, you need to:
1. Click on ‘Start’. Type 'services' in the Search box.
2. Run the Services program.
3. Find the Tablet Input Service.
4. Right-click on the service.
5. Select Properties from the context menu.
6. From the new panel, you need to change the startup type to:
• Automatic: To start Windows 7 at the boot-up time
• Manual: To start it whenever you want it
7. Now, in the Start menu, type Tablet PC.
8. Click Run.
9. Now select one of these options:
• Show the icon on the taskbar: Select this option if you want to start the service manually.
• Input Panel sliding open from the tab: Select this option in case you want to show Input Panel sliding open from the tab.
Now you can easily access the virtual keyboard on your Windows. A small icon will appear on your Windows 7 taskbar. Click on it to access the virtual keyboard.