Make your Windows® 7 PC Sleep when it is idle
Do you often leave your PC idle to complete some other task? Well, it is advisable to make your PC sleep while it is left idle to save power. Yes, Sleep is a power saving mode that enables your PC to promptly continue its full operations while you begin working again. When you put your PC in Sleep Mode, it is like pausing a DVD. Your PC instantly stops whatever it is doing and is all set to resume when you want.Â
How to change sleep time in Windows 7?
It is possible to change the sleep time on your Windows 7-based PC. Just follow these simple steps:
- First of all click on ‘Start’ and then select ‘Control Panel’
- Now click on ‘System and Security’
- Click on ‘Power Options’
- At the left side of the windows, select ‘Change when the computer sleep’
- Under ‘Put the computer to sleep’ choose preferred time when you would like your system to sleep. Also, under ‘Turn off the display’ list box, you can select the time to turn off the display
- Click on ‘Save Changes’ to save the changes you madeÂ
Whenever your PC is idle, it is feasible to let it sleep.
How to wake up your PC from hibernation or sleep?
When it comes to waking up your PC from sleep or hibernation, it can be done by pressing your PC’s ’Power’ button. However, not every PC is the same. You can wake your system by just clicking your mouse, pressing any key or just opening the lid (in case you have a laptop).Â Â
Is your data safe while you let your PC sleep?
It is highly recommended to apply a password to unlock your PC when it gets up from sleep. This way you can avert any unauthorized access to your system.