Syncing Windows® Phone 7 with Google™ Calendar
Update your Windows Phone 7 calendar through multiple platforms
The benefit of having a calendar in Window Phone 7 is that it lets you update your appointments and tasks through various platforms. Once you are able to sync (synchronize) your calendar with other platforms you will be able to get information in a central location. For example, if you have multiple e-mail accounts with scheduled meeting appointments in the calendar, then you can sync all this information in your Windows Phone 7, from where you will be able to view all the appointments in one place.
In order to sync your Windows Phone 7 with Google Calendar, follow the instructions as given below:-
- In Windows Phone 7 open ‘Microsoft Exchange Active Sync’
- Click on ’Set up your device to sync it’
- Enter the server address as m.google.com
- Select the ‘SSL’ option
- Sign into your Google account and click ‘Next’
- Enter Gmail username and password
- If prompted, in the domain field, enter ’google’ and click ‘Next’
- Check the data that you would like to synchronize. In this case check ’Calendar’ in the combo box
- Click ’Finish’ and press the ‘Sync’ button to synchronize
These are some simple steps to sync your Google calendar with Windows Phone 7. This will allow you to have all the information from different calendars in a central location on your Windows Phone 7.