6 Quick Tips to Optimize your Microphone in Windows® 7
You certainly wouldn’t want to be inaudible while speaking with your friends or family through a microphone? Even the brief period of adjusting your microphone volume can be an irritant in your communication. Due to this reason, it is always advisable to adjust the volume of the microphone before using is it for any communication purposes.
Follow these simple steps to adjust the Microphone level in Windows 7:
- On the right side of the Taskbar menu, right click on the audio icon.
- If you are unable to locate the icon on the taskbar, expand the taskbar icons by clicking on the left arrow button. This will show all the hidden icons.
- Select the ‘Microphone’ option and click on ‘Properties’.
- A volume tab will open that displays the scroll menu on the right along with the numeric value of the amount of sound to be adjusted.
- Move the slider left or right to decrease or increase the sound of the microphone.
- Â Once you have adjusted the sound level, click the ‘OK’ button to save the changes.
These are six simple steps that will allow you to configure your microphone according to your convenience. Make sure that whenever you use the microphone for a video conferencing or a telephonic conversation, always adjust the volume before working with the application.
In order to get tips to configure the volume, you can watch this video: