While designing the Windows 7 operating system, the main objective that software giant Microsoft Corporation was looking forward to meet was to deliver an operating system that ran faster than its predecessors. Thus they came up with the fast performing Windows 7. However, as time passed, many users experienced that their Windows 7-based laptop or desktop started to display slow performance. Do not be surprised if you too have started feeling the same. Like most computer users, we may not realize that by taking care of certain issues, we can prevent this. For sure, this does not mean you have to be a techie.
There can be many reasons that can result in slowing down of an operating system with time. Some of them are accumulation of junk files in the system, a heavily stuffed hard disk drive, running of many unnecessary applications and programs. Though we cannot help you make your Windows 7 system run as fast as a brand new system, but the tips given below can certainly help you optimize the performance of your system to the maximum possible extent. Here are the tips:
• If your Windows 7 system’s memory is running slow, utilize the Windows 7 ReadyBoost service.
• Disable unnecessary programs or applications that automatically start running while on booting.
• Disable the Windows 7 services that can be safely set manual, such as the Search Indexing Service.
• Use minimal visual and sound effects. This will definitely improve the performance to some extent.
• Disable Windows 7 sidebars, which are also known as the Windows 7 gadgets.
• Disable Aero Peek and Aero Snap features.
• Turn off Windows 7 password protection, if you are the only user of your computer system.
Following the tips discussed above can certainly boost the speed and performance of your Windows 7 operating system a great deal.