Uninstalling DirectX® from your Windows® 7 PC
DirectX is a component of Microsoft Windows. It is basically a group of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are required to undertake work related to multimedia, especially gaming. Some APIs are Direct3D, DirectPlay, DirectMusic, etc.
There are a number of reasons that may prompt you to remove DirectX from your Windows 7 PC. Reasons such as games or applications not compatible with the version of DirectX installed in your PC and DirectX unable to play the latest media files on your PC are a few of them to identify here.
However, since this component forms an integral part of the Windows operating system, there is no way you can uninstall it. It is mentioned in the Microsoft Support webpage for DirectX,Â “It's (DirectX) an integral part of theÂ WindowsÂ operating system and can't be removed.”Â
So, in case you are facing problems with DirectX installed in your Windows 7 PC, and want to resolve it, then uninstalling DirectX is certainly not an option. However, you may resolve your issue by following some simple steps.
Few steps that you may take to solve your issues with DirectX are as follows:
- One of the ways is to update the version of DirectX in your PC so as to make it compatible with the application/game you want to use it for. You may also have to downgrade in case the application/game requires a lower version of DirectX.
- If this doesn’t resolve the issue, it may mean that the hardware you are using is not compatible with the DirectX installed in your system. In that case, you would be required to upgrade your hardware.
- You may also go for an upgrade of Video Card driver. To do so, follow the five steps given below:-
- Click on ‘Start’ and select ‘Run’.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press ‘Enter’. Device Manager Console will open.
- It contains a list of all hardware installed on the system. Select and expand ‘Display Adapter’ option from there.
- Now right click on the video driver card / graphic card installed and then on upgrade driver.
The above steps can help you to resolve the issue that you are facing with the DirectX in your Windows 7 PC.