Unlock Windows® 7 Hidden Themes
Unravel your "bundles of joy"-Windows 7 hidden themes
Isn'tÂ it always exciting to know that you will get more than what you have purchased for? Well, in this situation, you will be excited to know that you are actually sitting on a “treasure trove” of Windows 7 theme files in your operating system-without even knowing about all this time.
Since the good news has been delivered to you, just for your reference, all Windows 7 operating systems contain theme files that are country specific. This means that a user living in the United States will have access to a separate set of themes as compared to someone from Japan or France. Just to make your day, you will be glad to know that all country specific Windows 7 themes are actually hidden in your operating system. In order to access these hidden files, you can follow these tips:
- Open “Windows Explorer” and click on the “Organize” button.
- Select “Folder and Search” option from the drop down menu.
- Click on the “View” tab
- Select “Advanced Settings” and click on “Show hidden files folders and drivers”
- Deselect “Hide protected operating”
- 6. Open the following path “Windows\Globalization\MCT” on your run menu.
- 7. Click on any MCT folder that is displayed
- 8. Open the theme folder located inside the MCT folder
Once you have open the specific MCT folder e.g. MCT-CA, your Windows 7 theme library will get new themes, from which you can choose. You will have a total of five MCT folders to choose from, which will increase your themes.
Now you can indulge in adjusting the themes according to your preference. All you have to do is unlock gems that you never knew of.