Manage Various Opened Programs on Windows® 7 with Aero Peek
When there are too many problems in our life, we usually try to resolve them one by one. In the same way, if your Windows 7 computer is running various programs in the Taskbar and you want to pick a different program without closing all of them, then pick them separately. Windows 7 has got an amazing feature named Aero Peek that can help you to minimize all the opened programs for a short time so that you can have a glance at the desktop to pick the specific opened program.
Working of Aero Peek
To enable the power of this X-ray vision, just follow these simple steps:-
- Take your mouse curser towards the Taskbar icon for a running application. This will pop up a thumbnail or a small window through which you can preview all files that belong to that particular program.
- By moving your mouse curser to any of the previewed thumbnails, you can look at its file content in the background. This hover-effect lets you quickly check the content of one file and enables you to get back to the previous file. It is similar to the functioning of ‘Alt’+ ‘Tab’ functionality that started from Windows 95
- With the click on any of the square box in the previewed window, that application gets open on the full screen
- Every such previewed window also has a red cross at the top right through which you can close that application without really bothering to open it
- By moving your mouse away from the Taskbar, you can restore the original desktop view
By default, Aero Peek is enabled when the Aero Desktop Theme is applied. If this is not the case with your PC, then follow this easy step:-
- Move the mouse curser to the right side of Windows Taskbar and click on ‘Show Desktop’ or use ‘Windows’ + ‘Spacebar’ to instantly enable Aero Peek. Make sure the Aero Theme is running on your computer.
Besides that, you can also enable Aero Peek on Windows 7 through below steps:-
- Take the mouse pointer to the left side of Taskbar and do a right click on the ‘Start’ menu
- From various tab windows, choose the ‘Taskbar’ tab
- Unmark the checkbox next to ‘Use Desktop Preview’
- Turn on the Aero Peek feature by simply clicking on ‘OK’ button
System Requirements for Aero Peek Feature:-
- Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate
- Minimum 1GHZ of Processor (32 BIT or 64 BIT)
- 1GB of system Memory required
- DirectX 9 and above to run the Aero Peek Theme on Windows 7