Windows® 7 HomeGroup: The easiest way to share your files
You wanted to send an important and confidential file on your spouse’s laptop but suddenly realized that your Internet is not working. Well, HomeGroup feature of Windows 7 is an easy answer to this problem.
HomeGroup feature in Windows 7 enables you to easily hook up two or more computers on your home network. This makes sharing files, folders, music, video, pictures, and printers with other computers in your home easier than ever. Not just this, it solves your problem of security too. If you don’t want to share some files/folders with other members, just protect them with a password. So, you have the full authority to decide as to what gets shared and what stays private. You can also make your files ‘Read only’, allowing group members to only view your file and not make any changes in them.
Wondering how to create a HomeGroup? That’s simple enough. Just follow the 5 simple steps given below:-
- Click on the ‘Start’ button
- Click the ‘Control Panel’ and type ‘HomeGroup’ in the search box
- Now click ‘HomeGroup’
- Page stating ‘Share with other home computers running Windows 7’ will be displayed
- Click on ‘Create a HomeGroup’ and then follow the instructions.
For creating a HomeGroup, you must have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, or Windows 7 Enterprise editions. But you can join HomeGroup very easily to any edition of Windows 7 with the following 3 easy steps:-
- Click on the ‘Start’ button to open the HomeGroup
- Click on the ‘Control Panel’ and type ‘HomeGroup’ in the search box
- Now click on the HomeGroup and click on ‘Join now’
Once you have joined a HomeGroup, you can easily select the libraries that you want to share.
So, share your favorite music, photos, and documents over a home network by setting Windows 7 HomeGroup feature in less than 30 seconds. If you are still facing trouble, just click here.