Microsoft has released the final version of the Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 for developers. This final version will enable the app developers to design apps that work without any hassle on the new 256 MB Windows Phone handsets such as the Nokia Lumia 610. The update will also allow the developers to use the Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 to develop on machines running Windows 8 operating system.
The update patch, which is of around 300 MB size, comes with the below-mentioned changes:
• Visual Studio IDE patched to enable selection from a list of emulators, and launching it.
• The Windows Phone (512 MB device) emulator image is updated to use build 8773.
• A new emulator device image included that will allow developers to emulate running their apps on a 256 MB device.
• Microsoft Advertising SDK updated to the latest version to resolve some issues that the developers were facing during runtime.
• IntelliSense now supports specifying the 512 MB device requirement.
• Language support is again consistent both in the IDE (the 7.1.1 Update supports all 10 of the WPSDK 7.1 languages) and in the emulator OS (Malay and Indonesian have been added).
Click here to download the update patch.