Parents get a chance to control their children with Windows® 7
Windows 7 includes a number of features that safeguard your PC from children. This article is in addition to the Windows 7 safety and also describes the features built into Internet Explorer to provide safety and security while browsing internet. You can also check the Windows Live Family Safety which is part of Windows Live Essentials. for Windows 7.It also provides more for safety and parental controls.
In this modern world, children are exposed to all kinds of digital hazards. Now, exposure to all the digital hazards is more than any time in the past because of availability of convenient social networking applications, powerful search tools, low cost tools and services for publishing videos and photographs, the web is full with content which is not good for children and parents want their children to stay away from all this.
This inappropriate content is easily accessible to children through different applications which include media players, games, web browsers, instant messaging applications and email applications. Many of these applications have attempted to offer parental control features. It may be difficult for parents to maintain the correct settings across multiple applications because of duplication and inconsistency of parental control settings management.
Windows 7 Parental Controls gives a framework to resolve these problems:
- To configure and manage parental control settings and activities: It provides a single, central location in the Windows 7 Control Panel.
- Time spent on the computer, application usage, Built-in restrictions on web content and file downloads, game usage as well as the ability to log and view user activity.
- The Windows Parental Control platform public application programming interfaces (API) which expose in-box restriction settings and logging functionality to any application. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 are using these APIs to determine if file downloads should be blocked for a user.
- User Account Control (UAC) Integration which helps to enforce standard user accounts for parentally controlled users.
- Promotion of best practices for keeping kids safer on a Windows : Encouraging the creation of separate standard accounts for managed children, password creation for parent accounts or administrator accounts.
If you don't want your children to have access to objectionable TV shows and movies, you can block the access with Parental Controls in Windows Media Center. You can monitor use of the computer, applications, games, emails, and instant messaging with Windows 7 that allows you to control all these usages.
In a nutshell, it offers the following advantages:
- Windows 7 allows you to filter web and permits you to block certain websites and file downloads.
- You can exactly specify the logging time which enable the user to log on to the computer at the mentioned time only and by setting limits your child can’t play or use computer beyond limits.
- It also allows you to specify the games the user can play, you can also block the access of the programs which you don’t want the user have access to.
- Monitoring and reporting capabilities are the most interesting of the parental control in Windows 7.
Call +8774667165 or visit http://windows7.iyogi.com/migration/.