How to backup Windows 7 computer files
It’s a good practice to backup Windows 7 computer files for protection against malicious threats such as viruses and Trojans. Malware can corrupt the files and render them useless.
Also, system backup can prove really handy in case you accidentally delete some important files or make unnecessary changes. You can manually backup your PC or set Windows 7 to automatically backup the files.
Here are the steps to backup Windows 7 computer files:
- Click the ‘Start’ button on the Windows 7 desktop and click ‘Control Panel’.
- Now click the ‘System and Security’ option.
- Click ‘Backup and Restore’.
- If you are using WindowsÂ Backup for the first time on your computer, clickÂ ‘Set up backup’. In case, you had already created a backup before, clickÂ the ‘Back up now’ option to create a new Windows 7 backup.
- If you are asked for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or give the confirmation as required.
- Now you just need to follow the steps in the wizard.
- Select the location where you want to save your backup. It’s recommended to save the backup on an external hard drive.
- Select the files that you want to backup. You can also let Windows to automatically choose files to backup.
Automatic backup of files in Windows 7
You can configure Windows 7 to automatically backup files at regular intervals. In the ‘Set up backup’ wizard, there will be an option to run back up on a schedule. Just select the period at which to run the backup, and give the date and time. Windows 7 will do it for you.
Thus, use these simple to follow methods to backup Windows 7 computer files and secure your data.