How to Reinstall Netscape® When you Migrate from Windows® XP to Windows® 7?
Internet Browser: Netscape
STEP 1: Take the back up of the previous settings of the computer on a CD disc. Enter the disc into the CD ROM.
STEP 2: Make a double click on MY Computer.
STEP 3: Double click the hard disk icon.
STEP 4: Double click on the Windows folder.
STEP 5: Right click on the Favorites folder and choose Send To from the menu that appears .Give it the path of the CD disk and copy everything there.
Note: The Netscape has been taken over by the AOL (American On Line) web browser. Their research work has brought a new project “SeaMonkey” which offers best of Netscape navigator SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2.
STEP 6: In the new version of your Netscape you can import the backup which you took to add to your add-ons and save your mails and message file as well.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta2 offers some interesting features like:
- Add-on Manager allows to install, update, disable and remove extensions (add-ons), themes and plugins. It is compatible with many number of drives.
- Session restore has been added. Now, when SeaMonkey crashes, all your browser windows and tabs will be restored automatically
- Users can select to always restore the browser windows and tabs from their last open session when starting SeaMonkey
- Reopening closed browser windows (Undo Close Window) is now possible
- History is now stored in a better database solution, so that it can easily keep more information, and the location bar determines which addresses to autocomplete and/or show in the drop down menu with a smarter algorithm based on what you type, searching in both URL and title of visited pages by default.
iYogi can offers robust Windows 7 migration programs and support solutions, along with a comprehensive website at windows7.iyogi.com that is a ready-reference for anyone migrating to Windows 7 and provides a step-by-step guide to application migration.
If you need professional assistance with migrating to Microsoft latest operating system call iYogi. iYogi Certified Technicians can help you migrate your operating system, data and applications quickly and efficiently.
For migrating from Windows XP — which is close to 70% of desktops today — to Windows 7, consumers will require a ”˜clean' install of the new operating system. Users will need to re-install their popular browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox , Safari, Internet Explorer, Netscape and others and potentially lose the bookmarks and history of their favorite places on the Internet.
Keep using the browser that you are familiar with and migrate your bookmarks and history of your favorite places on the Internet. Follow these easy steps to re-install Netscape and migrate your bookmarks and favorites when you upgrade to Windows 7.