Change computer name on Windows 7
If you have recently purchased a Windows 7-based PC and noticed that the PC carries its default name and not yours, you can easily change it in just a jiffy. Yes, you can replace the current name with your name on your Windows 7 PC by following the simple steps mentioned below. Even if you are just a beginner, you should be conveniently able to do it.
1. Click the ‘Start’ button, right-click on ‘Computer’, and then click ‘Properties’.
2. Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings click on ‘Change settings’.
3. Under the Computer Name tab, click on the ‘Change’ button.
4. Under Computer name, delete the old computer name, type the new computer name.
5. Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘OK’ again.
6. Click on ‘Close’ to close the System Properties window.
7. Click on ‘Restart Now’.
8. After your Computer reboots, you can check the computer name which you have just changed.
There are several benefits that you can enjoy by changing the default computer name to a more descriptive or specific name. If your PC is in the network, you will be able to easily recognize it with a unique name assigned to it and also if your home has multiple PCs installed, naming it as per the area in which it is placed (living room, study, hall, etc) can make things easier for you too.
To help you enjoy a quick recap of the above mentioned steps, here is a short video that you can check out…