Create Hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2007 in Windows 7 is easy
The Microsoft Excel provides you a variety of features to make your spreadsheet meaningful, interesting, and creative. It allows you to create, select, edit, or delete information that you might have saved in your document to work smartly.
Hyperlink is one such feature in Microsoft Excel that gives you a quick access to related information in another file or on a web page. You can insert a hyperlink in a worksheet cell or in specific chart elements to simply click and access information that is available on some other location. To create a hyperlink on your own, you can follow our instructions mentioned below and create, select, edit or delete it as and when you want. So, here are the steps to create hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2007 on your Windows 7-based PC.
The solution to the problem
The steps to create a Hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2007 in Windows 7-based PC are as follows:
1. Select the cell which contains the content you want to create hyperlink with.
2. Go to the “Insert” tab and then click “Hyperlink” in the “Links” section.
3. The default option in the 'Insert Hyperlink' window is to create a hyperlink to an “Existing File or Web Page”.
4. You can either navigate to the file or web page or you can type the address of the file or web page directly into the Address: field and then click “OK”.
5. The second option is to create a Hyperlink to a “Place in This Document”.
6. Select the place in the document and then click “OK”.
7. The third option is to create a hyperlink to a “New Document”. Specify the name and location of the new document and click “OK”.
8. A new Excel document will be created and hyperlinked to.
9. The final option is to create a hyperlink to an “E-mail address”. Specify an e-mail address to link to and then click “OK”.
Wasn’t that easy? By creating a hyperlink, not only can you access a file or information located at some other place but also save some of your time by viewing the inserted data in just one click.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: