How to Create a Desktop Shortcuts?
It is very easy to create desktop shortcuts to launch installed applications as well as to open drives, folders, documents on your computer system, and also Web pages on the Internet.
1. You first need to locate the icon for the program, drive, folder, or document for which you need to create the shortcut on the start menu or in the Computer, Network, or Document Windows.
2. Right-click the program, folder, or document icons and then select Send to --> Desktop on the icon's shortcut menu.
If you want to create the shortcut for Web Page, when the pull-down menus are displayed, select File --> Send --> Shortcut to Desktop in Internet Explorer.
To create a desktop shortcut to a drive on your computer system, you should right click the drive and select the Create Shortcut from its shortcut menu. Then an alert dialog box will be displayed by Windows 7 indicating that shortcut cannot be created in the same window and ask for placing the shortcut on the desktop. Click the Yes button.
A wizard can also be used by you to create a desktop shortcut by following these steps:
1. Right click anywhere on the desktop and then select New --> Shortcut from the appeared shortcut menu.
2. Enter the location of the item to which you want to create the shortcut which can be done by either entering its path and file name or by clicking the Browse button and locating the item in the Browse for Files or Folders dialog box before you click OK.
3. Click the Next button. You can also edit the name for the shortcut in the Type a name for This Shortcut text box. Click Finish to wrap the process.
Once you have created a desktop shortcut, you can open the program, drive, folder, document, or Web page connected with it by double clicking the shortcut icon or by right clicking it and then selecting Open from its shortcut menu.
Call toll free 1 877 466 7165