Windows® 7 Control Panel Classic View
Want to change the Start menu or Control Panel view of your Windows 7 operating system to classic view? If you are facing problems with your Windows 7 Control Panel and are thinking of downgrading your computer back to the old Windows XP version, then we have some good news for you. With just some simple system tweaks, you can easily change the appearance of your Control Panel to the classic view. The classic view is more intuitive and is a good way of avoiding unnecessary clicks, which are required when working with the category view in Windows 7.
Let’s take a look at the various steps that are required to change the category view settings on your Windows 7 desktop to the classic view:
Change Control Panel to classic view
- Log on to your Windows 7 computer and click the ‘Start’ button on your desktop.
- Open the Control Panel and click on ‘Classic View’
The control panel will instantly change from category view to classic view.
Change Start menu to classic view
- Click the ‘Start’ button on your Windows 7 desktop and open ‘Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.’
- Now open the Control Panel and click ‘Appearance and Personalization.’
- Then click the ‘Taskbar and Start Menu’ button.
- Hit the ‘Start Menu’ tab and click ‘Classic Start’ menu.
- To enable the changes, press ‘OK.’
Now all your Control Panel and Start menu items will be displayed in the classic view. However, if you are still not able to change the category view on your Windows 7 Control Panel to classic view, then get in touch with iYogi Certified Technicians. Our experts can help you to easily change the settings on your Windows 7 computer and customize them according to your needs.