Install Windows 7 and fix related issues, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Install windows 7 and fix other related issues on your PC with certified techs. Call Now!
How to remove the shortcut icon arrow in Windows 7
Are the shortcut icon arrow in your Windows 7 based PC troubling you? Well, you can remove the shortcut icon arrow from your PC and add new shortcuts depending upon your need and requirement. It is very important to remove the shortcut icon from your PC in case you find any unwanted shortcuts icon arrows cluttering your computer. Well, the method to remove the shortcut icon arrow is very easy and you can make the changes in no time to get the short icon arrows removed from your PC.
So, if ever you encounter the need of removing the shortcut icon arrow in your Windows 7 based PC, don’t get confused, simply browse through our quick and easy solution steps mentioned below and remove the unwanted shortcut icon arrow from your PC. Our quick and easy steps can help you remove the arrows by changing the registry settings in your computer. Here’s how you can make certain changes and remove the short icon arrow without facing any difficulty.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to remove the shortcut icon arrow in Windows 7:
1. Click the Start Menu Orb, type regedit in the search box and Press Enter.
2. Click Yes in User Account Control dialog box.
3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, and Explorer.
4. If the Shell Icons key does not exist you’ll need to create it. To do so Right-Click the Explorer key and point to New and then click on Key.
5. Be sure to exactly name the new key Shell Icons and press Enter to create the new key.
6. In the right pane of the Shell Icons key, Right-Click any empty area and point to New and then click on String Value.
7. Name the new string 29 and press Enter.
8. Right-click the 29 entry and select modify.
9. In the value data box, type C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll.50
10. Click OK to Save changes and then close the Registry Editor window.
11. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Isn’t removing the shortcut icon arrow in Windows 7 easy? All you have to do is follow our quick and easy step-by-step solution mentioned above and make the changes that are required.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: