Windows® 7 Memory Diagnostic Tool
One of the most important hardware components on a computer system is RAM. If you want your RAM to work perfectly or optimally, then there should not be any issues like physical error or defect problem on the memory chip.
Sometimes, data processed may corrupt, programs may crash, or computer may hang or freeze. All these problems are created due to a problem in RAM. If you are facing such problems, give Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool a try before replacing your RAM.
Now, it is not difficult to check RAM problems and defects with Windows Memory Diagnostic in Windows 7, as it allows the user to check the computer for memory problems. Windows 7 is provided with a built-in diagnostic tool that help users to check for the problem caused by RAM in the computer. Detailed test on the installed physical memory is run by this diagnostic tool, enabling the user to troubleshoot the errors identified by it.
Windows memory Diagnostic is a great comprehensive Memory Test Program that is available for free and is very easy to use. Though BIOS in your computer determines the memory during POST in your computer, this is a very basic test and not the correct criteria. If you truly want to determine whether your RAM is working properly, you need to perform an extended memory test that can be performed by Windows Memory Diagnostic.
This tool offers several advantages:
1. It provides extended tool options, but for a standard memory test none of them are necessary.
2. It performs multiple tests to locate the memory hardware problems.
3. Windows Memory Diagnostic continues to repeat memory tests until the computer is turned off.
4. Memory test requires no operating system.
5. It has been included as part of the System Recovery tool in Windows 7.