Windows® 7 Aero®
Windows 7 operating system offers Aero desktop experience that features a translucent glass design, loaded with subtle window animations, colors, and powerful graphic designs. With Windows 7 Aero, you can enjoy visually appealing effects along with better access to your files and programs. This is made possible with the help of Windows Aero Glass Transparency effect that features glass window borders to allow you to focus on the content that is opened in the windows. It also offers redesigned windows, with subtle animations that help in minimizing, maximizing, and repositioning windows to make the experience smooth and effortless.
The Aero desktop experience also offers taskbar previews for your open windows. Simply point to the taskbar button and you'll see a thumbnail-sized preview of the window. In majority of the cases, your computer display card meets the minimal requirement to run Windows Aero. However, in some scenarios, Windows Aero might not turn on or you might face certain problems while enabling it. Some of the possible problems include:
- The current theme does not support Aero
- Desktop Window Manager is disabled
- Transparency is disabled
- Color depth is too low
- Video card doesn’t support required display settings
- Drivers don’t support the Aero effects
- Power settings don’t support Aero desktop effects
- Aero effects not supported on the current Windows edition
Whatever may be the cause, follow the following steps to easily fix all the bugs and issues related to Windows Aero and enable it on Windows 7 based computer:
- Go to the Control Panel, click ‘System and Security’ and then ‘System.’
- Now click on the ‘Advanced System Settings’ on the left and then ‘Performance Settings.’
- Under the Visual Effects tab, you’ll see ‘Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer’ as checked by default.
- Below this, you’ll see a list of visual effects, some of which will be unchecked due to which you might not be experiencing the full range of Aero features.
- Select the ‘Custom’ option and then select all the effects from the list.
- Click ‘Apply’ and then hit ‘OK’ to enable all the Aero effects.
Follow these steps and take the full advantage of Windows Aero desktop experience.