How to allow or block a program through Windows 7 Firewall
The Windows 7 Firewall can be configured to allow or block specific programs from accessing the Internet or the local network. Some applications require network access for their functioning. For such programs, you can enable network access through the Windows 7 Firewall.
This also allows automatic updation of the programs. Remember that when a program is allowed network access, it can send or receive information on your computer, which makes the PC vulnerable to security threats.
Steps to allow or block a program through the Firewall in Windows 7
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and then open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Click the ‘System and Security’ option.
- Now click on ‘Windows Firewall’.
- In the left pane, click ‘Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall’.
- Click ‘Change settings’.
- Enter the credentials if you are asked to enter the administrator password.
- To block programs, clear the check boxes next to applications in the list of allowed programs.
- To allow programs, select the check boxes next to applications in the allowed programs and features list.
- To add programs to the above list, click ‘Allow another program’ and select the desired application.
Thus, by following these steps, you can allow or block a program through the Windows 7 Firewall.
[iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/07__ZVF8Z-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe]