Use Magnifier in Windows 7 to enlarge the screen’s display
The Magnifier utility in Windows 7 is one of the lesser known features of the OS that can be very beneficial to computer users with vision problems. In Windows 7, the Magnifier is a part of the Ease of Access Center. With this tool, you can enlarge just a portion or the entire screen. The focus of the Magnifier moves along with the mouse pointer.
Here are the features of the Magnifier in Windows 7 and steps to use the tool:
Various Screen modes in Windows 7 Magnifier
With the Full-Screen mode of the Magnifier, the whole screen can be enlarged. If the Lens mode is used, the screen area that’s magnified changes with the location of the mouse pointer. When the Magnifier is run in the Docked mode, only a part of the display is enlarged. The Full-Screen and Lens modes require you to activate the Aero theme.
How to use the Magnifier tool in Windows 7
- Click the ‘Start’ button and in the search box type ‘Ease of Access Center’.
- In the results that are display, click ‘Ease of Access Center’.
- Now click the option ‘Start Magnifier’.
- The screen mode can be selected from the drop-down menu under ‘Views’.
- Move the mouse pointer to the display area you want to enlarge.
- Adjust the zoom amount by clicking the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ buttons on the Magnifier.
Keyboard shortcuts for Magnifier in Windows 7
The following are some of the keyboard shortcuts to change the Magnifier settings:
- Windows logo key and ‘+’ or ‘-‘ keys: To zoom in or out
- ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Alt’ + ‘Space bar’: To see the preview in Full-Screen mode
- ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Alt’ + ‘F’: To activate the Full-Screen mode
- ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Alt’ + ‘L’: To activate the Lens mode
- ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Alt’ + ‘D’: To activate the Docked mode
- Windows logo key + ‘Esc’: To close the Magnifier
So, use the Magnifier in Windows 7 to enlarge the screen's display.