Advantages Of Windows® Update
Windows Update not only keeps your system safer but also keeps you update by bringing the latest security and features update from Microsoft through the Internet. It offers enhanced user experience as it makes updating your PC convenient than ever. In Windows 7, Windows 7 Update is now a part of Action Center. If you want to check for updates, simply click the Action Center icon in the taskbar.
This feature gives you the freedom to select, if updates are downloaded to your computer as well as whether updates are to be installed automatically. For instance, Windows 7 update can be downloaded automatically but not installed till and until you select them to be so.
The Windows 7 Update options available in Windows 7 incorporates:
* Install updates automatically (recommended)
* Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
* Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them
* Never check for updates (not recommended)
Windows Update option in Windows 7 can be configured through the Control Panel using the steps given below:
1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. Click System and Security.
3. Click Windows Update.
4. From the list of actions, click Change Settings.
5. Under Important Updates, use the drop down arrow to select one of the four options described above.
6. Click OK.