Fix NTOSKRNL.exe Blue Screen of Death
Blue Screen of Death or BSOD happens suddenly and simply puts a full stop to whatever you are doing. When you get NTOSKRNL.exe BSOD, then it just shows a cryptic error and then it reboots on its own. Sometimes, this situation just keeps running repeatedly. If you are getting this Blue Screen of Death error, then here is what you can do about it.
Are hardware drivers up to date?
1. Run Windows Update and check if it catches any issues. You also need to check for hardware updates.
2. Enter your laptop or desktop laptop number and check the current drivers available for your device. If there is anything missing, then you need to update it.
3. Now run Driver Reviver on your PC. This tool is quite handy in picking up drivers that Windows Update misses out. It will also help you get the right drivers, even if you are not checking for each of them individually. The tool will also scan and remove old and incorrect drivers.
4. Let your PC run and check if the problem has resolved.
Instability due to hardware failures
1. Common cause for NTOSKRNL.exe error is a hardware failure. You need to run tools to check for the error. Two recommended tools are Seatools by Seagate and Western Digital’s Drive Utilities.
2. You also need to check on memory performance. Use Memtest for this. This takes some amount of time, so best to leave it overnight.
3. Backup and replacing is one of the key things that need to be done when it comes to making your PC work in good condition. Always make a backup of your important documents on a separate hard drive, so if your PC crashes you can always replace the data.
Read more: How to backup Windows 7 computer files
We hope your NTOSKRNL error problem has been fixed by one of the solutions steps given above. If you are still facing Blue Screen of Death problem, you can call us and get round the clock tech support for your devices.