Guide to Fix Dxgkrnl.Sys Error at Windows 7 PC
Have you ever encountered BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) while trying to experience playing multi-player games on your Windows 7-based desktop or laptop? Or have ever come across a situation when your PC is working fine for other programs, but as you begin playing games, you experience BSOD. All these signs are clear indications of ‘dxgkrnl.sys’ BSOD. Don’t freak out, it’s just an error that is caused due to faulty device drivers or broken hardware. For detailed overview on dxgkrnl.sys and a ways to fix dxgkrnl.sys error on your Windows 7 PC, read on…
What is dxgkrnl.sys?
dxgkrnl.sys is one of the system files by Microsoft for Window’s use. It’s designed specifically for Consumer Preview archive or more commonly known as ISO image, which is responsible for loading and processing the settings of related applications. It is one such system file that allows any internal and external hardware of a computer or laptop like a printer, scanner or laptop to get connects with any third-party program, such as Word processors, Internet, browsers, Consumer Preview ISOs or Photoshop. If it gets corrupted or damaged due to any reason, you’ll not be able to perform basic tasks with your applications, such as printing a word document or scanning an image.
Causes of dxgkrnl.sys BSOD error in Windows 7
dxgkrnl.sys error usually occurs when device drivers or hardware gets damaged or corrupted. Here’s the list of causes due to which you are likely to encounter dxgkrnl.sys related errors:
- Corrupted or wrongly-configured Consumer Preview ISO image driver for Windows 7.
- Recently installed software or hardware. In this case, dxgkrnl.sys BSOD error can appear while:
- The installation program is still in process or is nearing completion.
- The dxgkrnl.sys dependent software is still running – you are likely to encounter blue screen of death, dxgkrnl.sys dpc or dxgkrnl.sys 5d140.
- Microsoft drivers are going through the installation process.
- Updating the operating system – you can encounter Error of dxgkrnl.sys BSOD Windows 7.
- Booting or shutting down the computer.
- Corrupted Windows registry occurred due to installation or uninstallation of dxgkrnl.sys- related programs, such as dxgkrnl.sys update Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Virus infected dxgkrnl.sys file.
- Corrupted memory.
Steps to fix dxgkrnl.sys error
The below given steps will help you resolve the dxgkrnl.sys error very easily. So, don’t freak out, just go check out the below given options that will help you get rid of the problem without any hassle:
- Begin by updating the device driver of your computer.
- Get complete malware or virus scan for your PC.
- Go to the Windows System Restore to undo any changes you made to your system.
- Uninstall any recently installed program which is related to third-party software.
- Run Windows System File Checker regularly.
- Install Windows Updates as and when they are out.
- Run a disk cleaner to keep a check at your hard drive for any corruption.
- Keep a regular check at memory (RAM) for any corruption.
This is how you can keep your operating system and other applications related to dxgkrnl.sys file running in a safe and secured way. However, if you still face difficulties in identifying and resolving dxgkrnl.sys file error on your PC, just call iYogi technicians for instant help. The certified team of technicians can help you resolve the error remotely via Internet or via call or by visiting your place.