How to change the default keyboard settings in Windows 7?
Want to change the default keyboard settings in your computer? Well, you can easily change the default keyword settings in your Windows 7-based PC with the help of our quick and simple solutions. But, before you began the steps to make the changes, let us tell you that every part of a computer comes with its own settings and so do a computer keyboard. The settings of a computer keyboard can be changed depending upon the requirement of a user. If you want to use a different input language other than the default language that comes with the operating system, you can change the keyboard language as and when you want.
Not only this, but you can also change the shortcut keys or add new shortcuts by changing the default keyboard settings in your Windows 7-based PC. So, if you are looking for the steps to change the default keyboard settings in Windows Vista, then browse through our easy-to-follow solution steps given below.
Here’s how you can change the default keyboard settings in Windows Vista.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to change the default keyboard settings in Windows 7:
1. From the Windows desktop click the “start button”
2. On the start menu click “Control Panel”
3. In Control Panel click “Clock”, “Language” and “Region”
4. Under Region and Language, click “Change keyboards or other input methods”
5. In the Region and Language dialog box click the “Keyboards and Languages” tab
6. In the Keyboards and Languages tab click “Change keyboards”
7. On the general tab that opens click “Add”
8. Look down the list and find “English (United Kingdom)”
9. Expand +English (united Kingdom), then expand +Keyboard
10. Tick the box next to “United Kingdom” then click “OK”
11. In the default input Language drop down list, click “English (United Kingdom)”
12. Click “Apply”
13. Click “OK” and then click “OK” again
See, how easily you can change the default keyboard settings in Windows 7-based PC. So, the next time you want to make any changes in the settings of your keyboard, don’t get confused, simply, follow our quick and easy solution steps.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: