How to distribute rows and columns evenly in a table in Microsoft Word 2013 on a Windows 7 PC?
In your Microsoft Word 2013 application, you can use the various methods that are there to highlight the important content in a document. If you are planning to highlight particular contents in the document in the form of a table, here is something that you will find handy. The below mentioned steps will show you how you can distribute rows and columns evenly in a table and thereby create professional-looking text-based documents. For the starters, Microsoft Word 2013 allows you to create tables by using the ‘Insert’ tab from the ribbon provided in the application.
Here is the easy step solution that you can apply to complete the task:
- Open Microsoft Word 2013 and then open any saved document.
- Click on the ‘Insert’ tab, in the ‘Tables’ group, click on ‘Table’.
- Click ‘Draw Table’. The pointer will change to a pencil.
- To define the outer boundaries of the table, draw a rectangle.
- Draw column and row lines inside the rectangle.
- Go to the ‘Layout’ tab and then click on the ‘Table Tools’ option.
- In the ‘Cell Size’ group, click ‘Distribute Rows’ and ‘Distribute columns’ to distribute them evenly in the table.
Wasn’t it simple? You can also apply a whole lot of other tweaks to make your Microsoft Word document easier to understand and better to look at. For more tricks as the one mentioned above, watch this space.
To explain the solution steps in a visual manner, we have compiled for you a short solution video that you can check out. To watch it now, click below: