How to export Yahoo! address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010 in Windows 7?
Wondering how to export Yahoo! Address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows 7-based computer? Well, exporting Yahoo! Address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not as complicated as it might sound to you and you can easily export the Yahoo! Address book to the Outlook on your computer. But, before you actually export the Yahoo! Address book, it is important to know that Yahoo! Mail gives you the ability to export your contacts' names, email addresses and other data as a comma separated values (CSV) file.
The Microsoft Outlook 2010 uses CSV files as they can be easily read and imported on the same hand. Furthermore, you can use Yahoo!’s contact export feature to download your address book to your PC and add it to Outlook whenever you want. So, what are you waiting for? Start browsing our quick and easy solution steps and make the necessary changes to export Yahoo! Address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Here’s how you can export Yahoo! address book to Outlook on your computer.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to export Yahoo! address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010 in Windows 7:
1. Navigate in your browser to mail.yahoo.com. Type your email address and password to continue to the inbox.
2. Click the "Contacts" tab near the top of the page.
3. Click the "Actions" button and select "Export All" on the drop-down menu. This brings you to a new screen titled "Export."
4. Click the "Export Now" button next to "Microsoft Outlook." This brings you a CAPTCHA test. Enter the code displayed in the image and click the "Export Now" button again. A download window opens automatically.
5. Save the file "yahoo_ab.csv" to the desktop.
6. Launch Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click the orange "File" tab in the upper-left corner of the window and select "Open" on the menu.
7. Click the "Import" button. A new window titled "Import and Export Wizard" appears.
8. Select "Import from another program or file" and click "Next."
9. Select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and click "Next."
10. Click the "Browse" button and double-click the file "yahoo_ab.csv" on the desktop. Click "Next."
11. Select "Contacts" as the destination folder and click "Next."
12. Click "Finish" to add your Yahoo! Mail contacts to Outlook 2010.
Didn’t you find our steps quick and easy? Well, you can now follow our instruction whenever you want to export Yahoo! address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows 7-based PC and make the changes accordingly.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: