Install Windows 7 and fix related issues, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Install windows 7 and fix other related issues on your PC with certified techs. Call Now!
How to fix the “access is denied” error message on your Windows 7 PC?
Trishna is a tech blogger and writer, constantly diving deep in the technology world. She enjoys writing on the different shades of tech – whether it is gadgets, apps, software or devices. When she is not writing or excavating technological findings throughout the internet, she is busy checking the latest apps and gadgets for herself…
Is your Windows 7 PC acting up and not allowing you to access a folder that you need to open urgently? Well, you aren’t the only one struggling with this issue. Many Windows 7 users have faced this issue in the past and have easily come out of it too. You too can resolve it, once you are aware of the reason that has set off this error. This error can be triggered on your PC if the particular folder that you are attempting to access has been created in a different file system and your Windows 7 PC isn’t giving you the required permission that you need to open the folder.
On your Windows 7-based PC, this is what you need to do:
1. Right-click the folder.
2. Select “Properties” from the drop down menu.
3. Click on the “Security” tab and then click on the “Advanced” button.
4. In the ‘Advanced Security Settings for Shared Documents’ window, select the “Owner” tab.
5. Change the Owner to the current user account and then click “OK”.
6. To check the username, click “Start” and look for the name at the top of the start menu.
7. Get back to the “Security” tab and make sure that the ‘Full Control’ check box is marked, under ‘Allow’ next to ‘Full Control’ for all the users listed under ‘Group or user name’.
8. Click “Add”, type “everyone” in the box and click “Check Names”, and then click “OK”.
9. Allow “Full control” to ‘Everyone’ too and click ‘OK’.
10. Then try to open the Folder. You can follow these steps for files and programs too.
Simple! In just a jiffy you are now able to access the folder that earlier your Windows 7 PC was displaying as “access is denied”. Using the same steps you can also access the files and applications that you were earlier unable to.
To watch a short video to enjoy a quick recap of the above steps, click on the below window…