Install Windows 7 and fix related issues, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Install windows 7 and fix other related issues on your PC with certified techs. Call Now!
How to uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7?
Do you want to uninstall a Windows Media Player from your Windows 7-based PC? If, yes then we can help you do that with the help of our quick and easy instructions right here. But, before you go through the steps mentioned here, let us tell you that Windows Media Player is the default and factory-installed media player with Windows 7 and it does not have any separate setup installer available. Therefore, you cannot install or uninstall Windows Media Player manually.
However, if you want to uninstall or remove the Windows Media Player from your computer, you can do it with the help of steps mentioned below. The process to do this is slightly different from that of uninstalling a typical program, but our solution steps can help you do that in minutes. All you need to do is follow our step-by-step instructions and uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7-based PC quickly.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7:
1. Click on the “Start” menu
2. Type “optionalfeatures.exe” in the search box and hit the “ENTER” key to continue.
3. Expand “Media Features” using the “+” icon next to it.
4. Now, un-check the “Windows Media Player” option in the list.
5. A dialog box will now be displayed telling you that Windows Media Center will also be removed — Click “Yes” and then click on the “OK” button.
6. Wait for the completion for the un-installation process.
7. Click the “Restart Now” button to reboot immediately.
See, how easily you have uninstalled the Windows Media Player from your PC. So, the next time you face any difficulty in removing or uninstalling the Windows Media from your PC, don’t worry, simply, follow our quick and easy solution steps mentioned above.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: