How to use Microsoft Outlook 2010 to check your Gmail account in Windows 7?
Do you know you can check your Gmail account by using Microsoft Outlook 2010? Well, it surely sounds impossible but the fact is you can easily access your Gmail account using Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows 7-based PC. Here we tell you how; the Gmail supports the IMAP feature, which enables you to send and receive emails from Outlook without any ads or pop-ups. Also, it allows you to connect with the calendar and e-mail capabilities of your Gmail account and provide easy access to the in-built features of your account. Other than this, you can also change your Outlook 2010 settings to send and receive messages from your Gmail account, in case there are more than one e-mail accounts set up in the Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Well, accessing Gmail account through Microsoft Outlook is easy, all you have to do is browse through our solution steps and make the changes as required. Here, we have some quick and easy instructions that can help you access your Gmail account by using Outlook 2010.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to use Microsoft Outlook 2010 to check your Gmail account in Windows 7:
1. Open “Internet Explore”, type “www.gmail.com” in the Address bar and then press “Enter” on your keyboard.
2. Log into your Gmail account, Click on “Options” and then select “Mail Settings”.
3. Under the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab make sure POP is enabled. Select “Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” radio button, and then click on “Save Changes”. Minimize your web browser.
4. Now, open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
5. Click “File” and under “Info” tab select “Account Settings” and then from the drop down menu select “Account Settings” again
6. Under “Account Settings”, choose the “Email” tab and then click “New”
7. Make sure “Email account” radio button is selected and then click “Next”
8. Enter in all your Gmail account information and make sure there is no check next to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” radio button, Click on “Next”.
After outlook has successfully configured the e-mail server settings, you can go ahead and click “Finish”
So, what are you waiting for? Start browsing our steps and connect to Gmail account by using Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your Windows 7 based PC at the comfort of your home, office, home office.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: