Install Windows 7 and fix related issues, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Install windows 7 and fix other related issues on your PC with certified techs. Call Now!
How to view or change the add-in security settings in Microsoft Excel 2013 on a Windows 7-based PC?
As you are aware, add-ins bring in with them a host of features and utilities that enable us to enhance our productivity and enjoy further benefits while using the Microsoft Office 2013 applications. However, like is the case with all other add-ins, such as the ones used on browsers, Microsoft Office add-ins also have an element of risk along with them as they can be easily accessed by cyber crooks and hackers to harm your digital data like the files saved on your Windows 7-based PC. Therefore, to give the add-ins added security coverage you can easily set the security settings of the particular add-ins as per your requirements. Here are the simple steps that you can use to view or change the add-in security settings in Microsoft Excel 2013 on a Windows 7-based PC.
The easy step-solution to the above issue is as:
- Open Microsoft Excel 2013 and then open any workbook.
- Click on the ‘File’ tab and then click ‘Options’.
- Click ‘Trust Center’ in the left pane and click ‘Trust Center Settings’.
- Click ‘Add-ins’ in the left pane and select the options that you want. You can either go for:
- ‘Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher’
- ‘Disable notification for unsigned add-ins’ – This check box is available only if you select the ‘Require Application Extensions to be signed by Trusted Publisher’ check box.
- ‘Disable all Application Add-ins’.
- Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘OK’ again.
- This setting takes effect only after you exit and restart your Microsoft Office program.
Once your PC restarts, you will notice that whatever changes you wanted to apply on the add-ins such as enable, disable or alter the settings have taken effect. Weren’t the steps easy to apply? Keep them handy to use them again, sometime later. You can also bookmark the below given solution video to keep in hand a visual representation of the same…
To watch it now, click on the video window below: