Steps to Fix Windows 7 Error Code 0x80070017
If your PC’s performance is slow, it crashes often or there is a ‘Blue screen error’, then it is a clear indication that you have not fixed the ‘Error Code 0x80070017’ on your Windows 7 version or Windows Vista.
Windows 7 ‘Error Code 0x80070017’ is caused due to the damaged files in the Windows operating system. If your computer is also displaying ‘Error Code 0x80070017’ the causes of this error could be –
- Damaged or corrupt registry entries.
- Potential malware and spyware attack.
- Repeated redundancy checks failure issue.
- Corrupt system files.
- Incomplete installation of Windows program.
To fix this error code reinstalling the operating system is required. Here are some quick steps to assist you with a smooth Windows 7 installation process.
- Take the backup of all your important files and folders before starting with the reinstallation process.
- Insert the Windows 7 DVD in your computer’s DVD-ROM drive and restart the computer. This will start the Windows 7 Setup automatically. If in case the setup does not start, make sure that the computer is configured to boot from the DVD drive.
- Now, you will be required to select your region; once you have done that, click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Click on ‘Install Now’ option to start the installation. A screen will pop up with a message ‘Setup is starting’.
- Read through and understand the ‘Software License Terms’ and ‘End User License Agreement (EULA). As soon as you are done, select the ‘I Accept the License Terms’ option and the click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- In the next window you will be asked ‘Which Type of Installation Do You Want?’ Select ‘Custom (Advanced)’ option and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- In the next window you will be asked ‘Where Do You Want to Install Windows’. Choose the drive in which you wish to install Windows 7 and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- An Installation Window will now appear and update you on the installation process. After a while the computer will restart and with the recently installed Windows 7.
- Now, Windows 7 will start updating the ‘Registry’ settings and will keep you updated on the status of completion and installation.
- At this stage you will be asked to provide a username and a computer name. Enter the required details and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- You will be asked to enter your user account password and password hint. Once you have entered the details, click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- ‘Type your Windows Product key dialog box’ enter the product key and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- On the ‘Help Protect Your Computer and Improve Windows Automatically’ window, select ‘Use Recommended Settings’ and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Now, select your ‘Time Zone’, ‘daylight saving option’, and ‘current date’ options in the ‘Review your time and date setting dialog box’ and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- A window will appear asking your ‘computer’s current location’. Select your location and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- A last prompt will appear on your screen, click on the ‘Start’ button and you will be successfully done with the installation. A message will appear on your screen – ‘Congratulations, you’ve completed the installation of Windows 7’.
With these simple to use steps you can effortlessly install Windows 7 and fix the ‘Error Code 0x80070017’. Your PC will now be error free and will allow you to enjoy the optimal performance of your computer without any hassle.