Installation of Windows® 7 RC from Windows® XP
Don't lose your data while installing Windows 7 RC from Windows XP.
You can’t upgrade an existing Windows XP PC to Windows 7 RC, meaning you’ll need to do a ‘clean installation.’
Here is how you can perform a clean install of Windows 7:
1. Insert the Windows 7 RC installation disc into computer’s DVD/CD drive and boot from it. If the Windows set-up page doesn't appear and you're not asked to press a key to start from DVD or CD, you might have to alter BIOS setting so that your system uses its DVD/CD drive as the startup device.Â After you select your DVD or CD drive as the startup device, restart your computer, and then start Windows from the Windows 7 Beta DVD or CD as described above.
2. On the Install Windows page click on Install now and follow the instructions.
3. We recommend getting the latest updates to make sure a successful installation and protect your system against security threats. You require an Internet connection with good speed in order to download updates.
4. Click “I accept” on the License term page because without accepting you cannot continue the installation.
5. Select Custom installation type on the next page (Recommended)
6. Install Windows on a specific partition if you havent created one.
7. After that you will see Installing Windows screen. The setup will go through the process here and copy files, expand files, install features, install updates and complete the installation. Do not interrupt the setup, give it some time. It will take around 45 minutes and can be same as Vista setup.Â Enter your User & Computer Name when prompted then select next. Enter your Product Key. Select your update settings. Change Time & Date settings if necessary then select your Wireless network from the list and security key if applicable.Â After that select your computer’s current location.