Install Windows 7 on netbook
Planning to install Windows 7 on your Acer Aspire One netbook? Designed to offer ultimate mobile freedom, Acer Aspire One netbook combines simplicity, style, and ease of use for a highly satisfying user experiences. The netbook features a compact and lightweight design that offers maximum portability and easy-to-use interface. Though Windows 7 works extremely well on Acer Aspire One netbooks, the basic problem that you might face while installing Windows 7 operating system on these tiny laptops is that netbooks are not equipped with optical drives or the DVD drives. Having said that, the only option left to install Windows 7 on your netbook is through a USB Flash drive.
So, if you are one of those who are looking out for tips and tricks to install Windows 7 on your Acer Aspire One netbook or want to upgrade it from Windows XP to Windows 7, then follow our step by step solution mentioned below for a clean install:
- Prepare the USB Flash Drive with Command Prompt
- Connect your USB Flash Drive to a USB port on your computer.
- Now go to the ‘Start’ menu and click ‘All Programs.’
- From the list, click on ‘Accessories’ and select ‘Command Prompt.’
Right click on the ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run As Administrator.’
- Activate the USB Partition
- Now in the Command Prompt, type “DISKPART”and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Type “LIST DISK” and press ‘Enter.’ It will list the Disk Number of your USB Flash Drive.Note this number.
- Type and execute the following commands one by one
- Type “SELECT DISK 1” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “CLEAN” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “SELECT PARTITION 1” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “ACTIVE” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “FORMAT FS=NTFS” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “ASSIGN” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “EXIT” and press ‘Enter.
- Extract and install Windows 7
- Now, insert your Windows 7 Installation Disk in the DVD Drive.
- Type the following commands in the Command Prompt:
- Type “F: CD BOOT” and press ‘Enter’ (where, F is the DVD Drive letter).
- Type “CD BOOT” and press ‘Enter.’
- Type “BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 I” and press ‘Enter’ (where I is the USB Flash Drive letter).
- Next, go to My Computer and copy-paste the contents of the Windows 7 Installation Disk to the USB Pen Drive.
- Now you can boot the USB Flash Drive and install Windows on your Acer Aspire One netbook.