Windows® 7 Run
If you're running Vista or already aware what are the minimal system requirements to run Windows 7, the answer should be obvious to you. However, for an average PC user who have no idea about his/her PC configuration is, Microsoft has provided a much easier way to find out if their computers are capable of running Windows 7 i.e.
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.
This program scans your computer's configuration and informs you whether you can install Windows 7 on your PC or not. If your system doesn't have enough hardware to load Windows 7, it also provides tips on how you can meet them. Additionally, it can also tell you if your software or devices are compatible with Windows 7.
Once you download & run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, it will collect specific information about your computer system such as, the hardware configuration, the devices connected with you computer, and the programs installed on your computer. Occasionally, application publisher information may contain personally identifiable information such as the publisher’s name or publisher’s e-mail address. However, none of the information collected is used to recognize or make contact with you. It is advisable that before running the Upgrade Advisor, make sure to plug in all your USB or external peripherals, including iPods, printers, and removable hard drives.
For the users who are unable to download Upgrade Advisor, here are the minimal system requirements:
• 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor.
• 1 GB RAM for Windows 7 OR 2 GB RAM for 64-bit Windows 7.
• 16 GB available disk space 32-bit Windows 7 OR 20 GB for 64-bit Windows 7.
• Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (in order to enable Aero theme).
• DVD-R/W Drive.
• Internet or phone access to activate Windows 7.
• Supported Windows: Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
• .NET Framework 2.0 or higher if running Windows XP
STEP 1. Download and run Windows 7 Upgrade AdvisorSetup.exe to install Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.
STEP 2. Plug in and turn on any USB devices or other devices, such as printers, external hard disks, and scanners that you regularly use with the PC you are checking.
STEP 3. Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from your startup menu or desktop.
Upsell for iYogi:
• Help you check your computer’s configuration and run Windows 7 upgrade advisor on it.
• 24/7/365 support at one low price of Annual subscription
Call +8774667165 or visit http://windows7.iyogi.com/migration/.