iTunes® For Windows® 7
A large number of technology fanatics upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7, and this is a very much recommended advancement indeed. But when they try to install iTunes on their much advanced Windows 7, they encounter several issues which lead to their failure to do so. Usually, they get an error message which states that their action is not valid. Sometimes, the Windows 7 unexpectedly freezes or quits, leading to a disappointment for the users. Some people even think that iTunes is not compatible to Windows 7 yet, but this is a pure misconception. There are ways by which you can install iTunes for Windows 7 system too.
Step by step procedure
In order to install iTunes for Windows 7 successfully, follow the below mentioned step by step procedure:
- Choose Start > Computer > C: drive > Users folder
- Double click on the folder that has your username as title.
- Choose Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab > Show hidden files, folder and drives > OK
- Double click on the AppData folder and then open the local folder
- Right click on Temp folder and click on delete
- A confirmation dialog will appear on which you have to click Yes
- If the Temp folder cannot be deleted, then close all the programs, particularly the ones in Notification area or System Tray.
- Finally, restart your computer There is every possibility that you will be successful in installing iTunes on your system.
In order to install iTunes for Windows 7, you should ensure that you are logged in on your computer as administrator. The first thing you will need to do while troubleshooting iTunes installation on Windows 7 is to ensure that you have all the latest Windows updates installed. You can get latest updates from the MS Windows updates page.
Disabling any other conflicting programs
In Windows7, some of the background processes may cause problematic issues forother processes and programs. These can prevent iTunes from installing on your system, which means that you must disable any other conflicting program before installing iTunes. If you have a 3rd party security software which cannot be disabled with Selective Startup, you can temporarily disable it manually while troubleshooting iTunes installation.
Strange characters in folder names
If your iTunes installer or iTunes Setup appears frozen or is not responding, then you should checkforany unusual characters in the folder name where installer is stored. If so, then you can either rename it or move the installer to some other location like Desktop before installing iTunes. If these steps also do not prove to be of much help, then you can find the perfect solution on the MS support website.
iYogi is a leading provider of online subscription-based technical support services offered directly to consumers and small businesses across a wide range of computing and communications devices and software. With a pool of thousands of tech experts, the company offers its services primarily through long-term unlimited service subscription plans of 1 to 3 years, on a 24/7 basis 365 days a year. Our Annual Subscription covers the following services:
- Comprehensive support for iTunes for Windows 7.
- Diagnostic & repair for your technologies.
- Troubleshoot software errors.
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats.
- Connect to Internet, devices and peripherals.
- Optimize your computer’s speed and performance.
Unlimited access to wide range of service offerings, all year around! iYogi’s resolution rates are amongst the highest in the technical support industry.