How to Remove Windows® 7
There is not a specific method to uninstall Windows 7. The process to remove Windows 7 depends on the system at hand and dual-boot environment.
Is there any important data stored on the Windows 7 partitions that needs to be backed up? If the data stored is not important then the easiest solution to remove Windows 7 would be to simply wipe out the data on the partition and create that partition again and directly install a new operating system on it.
The boot loader on a dual-boot system will still list the Windows 7 system after uninstalling it from the computer system. Windows XP users or those with previous Windows operating systems can simply edit the Windows 7 boot.ini file in the root of the hard drive and remove the Windows 7 entry. Windows Vista users on the other hand need to use a special editor like Easy BCD to remove the Windows 7 entry.
Follow these steps to edit the Windows 7 boot.ini file:
1.Start up and log on to Windows XP system.
2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD installation disc into CD-ROM or DVD-ROM optical drive.
3. Run Command Prompt, or click directly to Start menu -> Run command.
4. In the command prompt or the Run text box, type the following command and hit Enter:
[DVD Drive Letter]:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force
If the DVD drive path is D:, then enter the following:
D:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force
This step will remove the boot menu to select operating system to start.
5. Eject the DVD disc and restart the system.
6. The computer will boot up with Windows XP installation partition.
7. Next you can manually remove files and folders of Windows 7, including Windows, Program Files and Users folder. If you're installing to separate partition, just format the partition to clean it instantly.
8. On the root system folder of Windows XP, delete Boot.BAK and BootSect.BAK. The two files are remnant backup leftover files of previously installed Windows 7 bootloader, but no longer useful for Windows XP only system.
Call +8774667165 or visit http://windows7.iyogi.com/migration/.
Call toll free 1 877 466 7165