An overview of Windows® 7 manageability
Microsoft newest operating system, Windows 7, allows you to manage tasks automatically. In the earlier versions of Windows, users were not able to run and create scripts on a local PC.
Windows 7 has a number of enhanced manageability features that helps to raise automation, develop user productivity and confer flexible administrative control to meet all the requirements. This article gives an overview of each of the Windows 7 enhancements.
In IT industries, professionals are usually responsible for time-consuming tasks. Windows 7 extensive increased features enhance the IT professionals’ productivity by managing those tasks automatically. While improving administrative efficiencies, it also reduces errors:
* IT professionals can run and create scripts on a local PC or on remote PCs across the network easily with the help of Microsoft Windows PowerShell 2.0. Troubleshooting tasks and difficult tasks are managed automatically.
* IT professionals can manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and registry-based settings with the help of Group Policy scripting, which improves the capacity and exactness of GPO management.
Windows 7 features that enhance user productivity and reduces cost:
* Windows 7 users can solve many common issues on their own by using Troubleshooting Packs. Also, IT professionals can create custom Troubleshooting Packs and extend the capability to internal applications.
* When returning Windows to an earlier state, the new improved System Restore tool informs the user of those programs that might be affected.
* Users can record screen shots, click-by-click, with new Problem Steps Recorder.
* IT professionals can diagnose performance, compatibility more quickly with improved Resource Monitor and Reliability Monitor.
Windows 7 also supports the following features:
* IT professionals can use Group Policy to configure more extensive auditing of files and registry access with Auditing improvements.
* Users can change the default configuration of Group Policy Preferences and provide a easy management of scheduled tasks, network drives and other Windows 7 components that are not aware of Group Policy.